FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, July 3, 2017
Contact: John Guilfoil
Bridgewater to Host Fourth of July Celebrations
BRIDGEWATER — Police Chief Christopher Delmonte and Fire Chief Thomas Levy announce that Bridgewater will host its annual Fourth of July parade and fireworks tomorrow.
The parade will begin at 10 a.m. starting at Bridgewater State University and traveling the traditional route through the center of town.
Later in the day, the town will put on a fireworks display at Legion Field at 9:30 p.m. Both events are organized by the Fourth of July Committee, with assistance from the Bridgewater Police and Fire Departments.
“We would like everyone to come out and celebrate July Fourth,” Chief Delmonte said. “However, in order to accommodate the significant number of spectators expected for both events, there are a number of procedures and measures that are being taken to increase everyone’s safety.”
Bridgewater Police and Fire ask that residents and visitors be mindful of the following:
- Park only in lawfully designated areas
- Do not park on both sides of any road or where prohibited
- Do not park near intersections or blocking private driveways
- Follow detour signs/road closure signs and directions of detail officers
- Vehicles impeding emergency access will be removed
- Cross streets at designated points
- Road closures and restrictions will be strictly enforced
- Legion Field will be patrolled by officers on foot, in plain clothes, on bicycles and with K-9 teams
- While on the field, do no enter or set-up in restricted areas
- If something appears out of place, report it to a the nearest officer
- Direct contact number for Bridgewater Police: 508-697-6118
- Direct contact number for Bridgewater Fire: 508-697-0900
- If there is an emergency, dial 911
“We want everyone who attends to have a happy and safe Fourth of July,” Chief Levy said. “Please follow our guidelines to best ensure that there are no accidents or injuries.”