The mission statement of the Bridgewater Fire Department is to protect our community from the loss of life, fires, medical emergencies, hazardous incidents and other disasters.
We will accomplish our mission through prevention, education, fire suppression, medical services, and other related emergency and non-emergency activities.
We will actively participate in our community, serve as role models, and strive to use all of the necessary resources available and at our command to provide a service deemed excellent by our citizens.
The Bridgewater Fire Department members are guided by the following principles:
- Our personnel are our most valuable resource.
- Pride, commitment to public service, and the pursuit of excellence are the paramount importance.
- We recognize that the community is the reason for our presence.
- We are accountable to those we serve.
- Compassion, fairness, and integrity will not be compromised.
- We are sensitive to changing community needs.
- Our value to the community will be measured by the type and quality of service we provide.