We posted this photo of our firefighters assisting a pup who had been found unconscious due to carbon monoxide poisoning late last month. The firefighters administered oxygen and were able to resuscitate the four-legged patient.
The photo prompted immediate response from the community thanking the Department for their efforts. The photo spread across social media and gained the attention of the Facebook group “Bridgewater 02324 Incident Page”. Under the lead of group administrator, John Levy, several residents donated funds to purchase pet oxygen mask kits- one for each of our four ambulances and one for Bridgewater Animal Control Officer, Lisa McKay. Each kit contains 3 different sized masks to accommodate different types and sizes of pets, are specially contoured to fit pets, and are compatible with our oxygen tanks.
Thank you to all who contributed to this cause! We’re so fortunate to work in such a wonderful community!
Pet oxygen mask kits for each of our ambulances and for ACO McKay donated by Bridgewater residents.