Open air burning of brush and forestry debris will be allowed in the Town of Bridgewater from January 15th to May 1st under the following conditions:
- With the permission of the Bridgewater Fire Department
- Between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- When the air is circulating well but winds are light
- Not less than 75 feet away from any dwellings
- On your own property and as close as possible to the source of materials(s) to be burned
- Small piles, no leaves, monitor fire, and extinguish by 4 p.m.
- No unattended fires
- Do not be a nuisance to neighbors
Burning will only be allowed during periods of good atmospheric ventilation, without causing a nuisance to neighbors; burning of brush and trees from commercial land clearing operations is prohibited. Burning of grass, hay, stumps, building debris and tires is prohibited. No fires will be left unattended. Keep a hose in close proximity to fire. Call Bridgewater Fire Department daily for a permit to burn brush 508-697-0900. There is no charge for a burning permit.